Saturday, July 11, 2015

Recipe | Iced Coffee with a Twist


When summer comes around, it's hot, hot, hot in California. I always like a nice cold drink, but as much as I would love to go to Starbucks everyday, it's just not the best thing for my wallet. Here is a recipe that I saw on Buzz Feed (and then all over the internet) that I think is the perfect summer drink, especially for those who need a summer slump boost. If you ever need a light caffeine boost, this is definitely the way to go. The best part of this iced coffee recipe is that you can prep it one day and then you'll have iced coffee for a good week!

You will need: (each tray makes approx. 8 servings)
  • one cup of strong black coffee (I tried this with chai tea and it worked great too.)
  • one to two tsp. of sugar or agave nectar
  • milk of your choice (I love almond milk!) 
  • ice cube tray


1. Brew your coffee/tea.
2. Mix in the sugar or agave nectar while it's still hot.
3. Pour the coffee/tea into a pitcher or pyrex cup if you're clumsy like me and can't get the hot liquid into the tray without spilling it everywhere. 
4. Pour the coffee/tea into your ice cube tray.
5. Let it freeze for at least 5 hours or overnight. 
6. Place a few ice cubes in a glass and fill the rest of the glass with milk. Stir it around a bit and watch the coffee slowly seep into the milk. This is definitely my favorite part!


What is your favorite summer drink?


Emily
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Ahem, It's Emme. All rights reserved.
MINIMALIST BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig